Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Alex Gopher


     I wish to present to you one remarkable representative of direction Nu disco. I have begun acquaintance to this style with whose tracks.
     Alex Gopher is a French producer, DJ, and musician.
     He entered the French music scene in a pop band known as Orange. The band featured future stars Etienne De Crecy and both members of Air. After the band’s breakup, Alex would collaborate with Etienne De Crecy and Air on future projects, but Gopher made a name for himself with You, My Baby & I, an album that combined elements of funk, house, and electronica. Before the album’s release, Gopher had created his own label, Solid.
     The follow-up came out in 2001. Asked by designer Yves St. Laurent for three tracks for their Yves’ Cakewalk show, Alex ended up composing ten tracks. He then asked French underground artist, Demon, to give the music a more “clubbier” feeling. The end result was a critically acclaimed album titled Wuz, which used elements found in “You, My Baby, and I” but had its own distinct sound.
     Alex Gopher continues to produce original tracks for Solid. He did release an EP titled “I Need Change” for BTK Records.
    He also continues to tour in Spain, Italy, Australia, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, the UK and Brazil.

Alex`s contacts:
Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment